Summary of Terms
Well here it is – all the legal ‘stuff’. This page summarises the terms and conditions of hire and explains our policies regarding this website. We hope it is of assistance to you in deciding to rent a car from Affordable Car Rentals.
Summary of Contract Conditions
- The hirer will take reasonable care at all times while operating the vehicle.
- The hirer may be charged any speeding or parking tickets incurred plus a $40 admin fee.
- No smoking allowed in the vehicle. A smoking odour may incur a charge of $50.
- The vehicle must be returned in a clean and tidy state, otherwise a $50 cleaning fee may be charged.
- Excessive mud can be removed at little cost by a high pressure water blaster at Shell, Moorehouse Avenue cnr Selwyn Street.
- Rental days consist of a 24 hour period starting at the time of commencement of rental. Late returns are charged at 25% of rental rate per hour late. Four hours or more late – one day’s hire. Unauthorised late returns will be charged at the daily hire rate plus a 25 % penalty.
- Lost or broken key – up to $150 plain, $450 chipped key.
- The vehicle is not to be driven on rough unsealed roads.
- Equipment borrowed or hired will be charged or if not returned, or if damaged.
- If the vehicle is taken to the North Island with the owner’s permission, the hirer will be liable for all costs involved in the return of the vehicle, including any breakdown costs.
- No refunds for unused days caused by your change of plan.
Cancellation and Vehicle Return Policy
The fees for cancelling a booking
- 31 days or more prior to pick up – No fee.
- 30-15 days prior to pick up – forfeit a 10% deposit.
- 14-7 days prior to pick up – 25% of hire.
- 7-3 days prior to pickup – 50% of hire.
- 1-2 days prior to pickup - 75% of hire.
Early completion of hire
Except on compassionate grounds or in extenuating circumstances, there are no refunds given for vehicles returned early.
Affordable Car Rentals values your privacy and takes every step to ensure that your information remains confidential and is only used for the purpose for which it was collected.
ACR does not collect private or personal information from this web site, except where you willingly provide it. ACR will never rent or sell your personal information. ACR will, at all times, act in accordance with the law governing the use and collection of personal information.
Information on this website is updated regularly and kept as accurate as possible. ACR reserves the right to make changes or improvements to the services offered on this site.
In no event will ACR be liable to any party, or any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of this website, or on any other hyperlinked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Any questions about the above terms, conditions or policy statements are welcome by email to email@example.com